September 16, 2010

Free Flowers...Pick Some!

Years ago, in Columbus, Ohio, I saw a garden that was planted beside a busy intersection. In it were all sorts of colorful flowers. In front of the garden was a sign that simply said, “If you like these flowers, pick some!”

I suppose the person responsible for the garden simply wanted to share with others the things that brought simple beauty to their own life. Nothing brings us more joy than sharing the things we love with others.

In the Bible, I find little gardens of beauty planted in some of the busiest places. Some are colored with hope, some courage, and some strength. So today, I want to share with you a garden that has been special to me over the years. It is planted with faith and colored with fearlessness.

. . . “I am God. . . do not be afraid." (Genesis 46:3)

"Stay with me, do not be afraid . . . you are safe." (2 Samuel 22:23)

"Do not be afraid. . . remember the Lord is great and awesome." (Nehemiah 4:14)

"Do not be afraid . . . for I am with you to deliver you." (Jeremiah 1:8)

"Do not be afraid, only believe." (Mark 5:36)

"Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid." (Mark 6:50)

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

"Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent." (Acts 18:9)

"Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys to death and Hades." (Revelation 1: 17)
. . .

. . . All that’s left to say is: “If you like these flowers, pick some!” - JD

No comments:

Post a Comment