August 4, 2010

The Scripture...

Someone once said, "you need a song, a scripture, and a paragraph from a book to sustain your ministry."

My last two posts were about the paragraph and the song. Today's is about the scripture.

Choosing one scripture as your favorite is really difficult. However there is one scripture that I return to repeatedly as a source of hope, strength and encouragement.

__________________________

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
__________________________

In a world gone mad, remembering that Jesus is enough...enough power to sustain us, enough presence to comfort us, enough savior to save us...is very easy to forget. So when I need to know I haven't been forgotten, when I need to re-energize or just catch my breath, I go to this verse and sit at his feet. I don't pray, I don't sing, I don't question...I just sit quietly and know the He is enough. - JD

No comments:

Post a Comment